Will the forum return soon.. ?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regular track time info and safety car vote

3 posters

Go down

Regular track time info and safety car vote Empty Regular track time info and safety car vote

Post by English Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:52 pm

Ok... the last race went well, and even in the wet everyone drove safely and responsibly... what has gotten into us :/

Anyway well done Stormer on his win, well deserved and well raced... king

There was an issue with the safety car, not that it did wrong... but more that it took far too long on the track and when it did return, we were all confused...

So, lets have a vote, democracy in action... there are 4 steps i can take for the rest of the season but would like to have everyone decide what they want to be done with the safety car...

1: leave it as it is, it works fine and i love driving at 50kph
2: Make it more sensitive so that it comes out with any issue and makes sure we are all safe
3: Make it less sensitive, so only nuclear war brings it onto the track
4: Remove the safety car completely and rely on yellow flags and penalties only.

So please vote on each, 7 of us including Jose' (Isamu) can vote and the majority wins... vote now.

Also, it is difficult to keep track of peoples times as we don't run qualifying, so until we decide what's best or I find a way to display hot laps once more, can everyone who finishes a day practicing and performs a good time, post it on the forums under the ROUND - X topic, which now should be posted under ROUND 7 - Magny Cours...
This way I can see in advance all the best times up until Friday, and thus know whose in pole etc come the race...
Anyone who doesn't post a time, then let me know the reasons cause I won't know where in the grid to put you Surprised

Also, can people let me know if they are happy with the length of the races, all being 30 laps, or would you like longer, or less.... and if you would prefer to add the qualifying sessions back in, 16 laps of qualifying before the race starts...

So, vote on the safety car
place your times in the correct forum topic,
and let me know if you are happy with race length and if you want qualifying to return.

English
English
English
[DnD]Senior Officer
[DnD]Senior Officer

http://www.anthonyspicer.com

Back to top Go down

Regular track time info and safety car vote Empty Re: Regular track time info and safety car vote

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:13 pm

Safety Car
Leave it as it is

Till we are more people the race length are good.
No qualifying session to keep the time down on saturday.

Back to top Go down

Regular track time info and safety car vote Empty Re: Regular track time info and safety car vote

Post by [DnD]cropper Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:16 pm

I'm with Anders....on everything
[DnD]cropper
[DnD]cropper
[DND]Admin
[DND]Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [DnD]Shooter26 Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:12 pm

Ditto Ditto, with the other 2!

If we remove safety car add 10 more laps to the race!
[DnD]Shooter26
[DnD]Shooter26
[DND]Admin
[DND]Admin

http://www.myspace.com/Shooter26_1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:39 am

Make it less sensitive, so only nuclear war brings it onto the track.
No qualifying session to keep the time down on Saturday.
all being 30 laps works for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:30 am

The way it is seems fine. No qualifying and 30 laps seems good!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:20 pm

One thing thats on my mind regarding this subjects is the strategy contra the 30 lap race.

As I see it the only reason to make more then 1 pit stop is to get new tires to avoid misstakes, not really to gain speed/time since you have about 10 laps to do this = have to go 3 seconds faster per lap.
I´ve been trying this with 2 stops but it doesnt really end up good.

It would be fun to get the pit stop (the time the car stands still) down to half time or something like that. Guess it´s not possible, just an idea.

I remember the USA race when me and Tony was going different strategies with me on a 2 stopper and Tony on a 1 stopper as preety equal drivers. The time difference was 2 seconds to my advantage when finish. This was a full length race.

Hope I not ruin anyones strategy with this, just a thought and I think the 30 lap race is good, just that the strategy part is´nt reall there.

Some thoughts from the swede :p

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down