Will the forum return soon.. ?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time for you to have your say about what we do?

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Time for you to have your say about what we do? Empty Time for you to have your say about what we do?

Post by Congo_Toey Tue May 03, 2011 8:40 am

Hi All,
As it is very difficult to find time that we can all be on TS at the same time. And it seems the current format of the racing does not suit everyone. I think it is time that we all have our say about what we we want to do.

First things first. I am only prepared to be responsible for running the Saturday championship. So this will all that will be about. Anyone else is welcome to setup and run other race leagues or championships. I would love to join in what ever anyone else decides to setup.

OK in regards to the Saturday championship, can you all please answer the questions below and I will try to go with the popular vote.

1. What race series do you want to do? E.G. F1 2009, F1 2006, V8's, etc

2. What is the best time for you?

3. Shall we keep qualifying before the race? or shall we use the hotlaps as per the practice sessions during the week?

4. If F1 shall we keep the full race length, 1.5 - 2 hours long, or would you prefer the length to be shorter and we can time scale the increase fuel usage to be like a full length? Therefore we can half race distance to half length, but with fuel usage set to x2 so that the fuel strategy stays the same.

5. Damage can be set from 0% - 100%? What is you preferences?

6. What driving aids would you like? Auto clutch, auto gears, traction control, braking help etc?

7. any other suggestions?

If you dont make a comment then you can not complian about the results.

One other thing is that the points system is automated, and therefore I can not change the way it works, and it does not understand about non finishes, and you could say that if you got further into the race and you were in a points position then you deserve the points more than the other guys behind you who didnt finish because you got further.

Tony

Last edited by Congo_Toey on Tue May 03, 2011 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Congo_Toey
Congo_Toey
[DnD]Senior Officer
[DnD]Senior Officer

http://www.congo-toey.com

Back to top Go down

Time for you to have your say about what we do? Empty Re: Time for you to have your say about what we do?

Post by Congo_Toey Tue May 03, 2011 8:50 am

OK so here is what I would like.

1. F1 2009

2. 6pm Chinese time race start.

3. I would like to use the hotlaps, so whoever gets the best time recorded on the hotlaps table on our website, will be used to as the pole etc. It means if there are cheats then everyone can do it, so it is still an equal chance.

4. I prefer full race length.

5. I prefer 0% as it means that everyone can still race the whole race, because if your slide off into the wall etc, you will still have lost time. For me the important thing is to keep as many people as possible racing until the end of the race to make it more exciting.

6. I like the driving aids that we already have Auto clutch, auto gears, traction control set to high. but no others.

7. In this way we would need a 15 minute warmup before the race so that the grid postions can be setup. and also we would set the cut off time for hotlaps to be 2 hours before the race start.

Well thats my say, now its your turn.
Congo_Toey
Congo_Toey
[DnD]Senior Officer
[DnD]Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Time for you to have your say about what we do? Empty Re: Time for you to have your say about what we do?

Post by [DnD]cropper Tue May 03, 2011 10:18 am

Thanks Toey. I'll throw my preferences in too.

1. 8:00pm Sat night here would certainly be better for me, 8:30 if much track is needed before hand

2. F1 2009 (I like the mod and if I want to race V8's then we'll organise it separately)

3. Hot Laps

4. At this time and no damage I could wear a full race, otherwise a shorter length.

5. At this stage, with few drivers I prefer 1 damage. Maybe change later if many join.

6. Auto clutch is all I like. Really prefer NO traction control.

7. I'm with you on your point 7 Toey
[DnD]cropper
[DnD]cropper
[DND]Admin
[DND]Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [DnD]Shooter26 Wed May 04, 2011 9:00 am

Ok my turn,

Points 1-3 (croppers) agree entirely

Point 4. 0 damage well as far as that goes, lets go back to playing marbles, seriously there is a lot of good and bad points as far as 0 damage goes, i always thought that being able to control your car and keeping it on the track was a big part of racing. 0 damage could also lead to bit of dodgem cars. I suggest we lower it to 30%, u can still race if u run into the alas with a slightly damaged car causing u to drive slower to get to the finish.

Another point i would like to bring up too is we are hoping to get more drivers involved, well after speaking to that Karl guy who drove on our server last week he made a comment about our series, he said he has been looking around for a long time for a mod that had high damage on, ok that may only be 1 guy speaking but the fact is damage is part of all racing and it is up to us to try and take care and keep our cars intact. Sorry guys but having some damage on is a great leveler for likes of myself, that maybe selfish but it is true,

So Point 4 & 5. 30% Damage and 3/4 length race (all races 40 laps)

Point 6 & 7. Agree entirely with Toey.

Point 8. Like to start a mid week, no set day or time, Mods: V8 Super Cars, British 2Ltr Series, Rally Time Trials,Open Wheelers: F1 1993 Series, Formula Renault etc.

The idea is if say 5 or 6 of or hopefully more are in TS we could for something to do say right lets do a 20 lap V8 Race, a quick 5 lap qualify Stock cars and go for it. Ive already got the V8 and British 2Ltr Mods as well as all the mods Tony came up with last year F1 1993, Formula Renault etc. I am in the process of finding a decent Rally mod, just need a hand setting up a server.
[DnD]Shooter26
[DnD]Shooter26
[DND]Admin
[DND]Admin

http://www.myspace.com/Shooter26_1

Back to top Go down

Post by Congo_Toey Wed May 04, 2011 10:52 am

Thanks for replies guys, if you see any others then please ask them to come and replay as well.
Congo_Toey
Congo_Toey
[DnD]Senior Officer
[DnD]Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2011 2:08 pm

OK this is what i think.
i like it just the way it is even though i always crash out!!
However it looks like the time change is going to happen by the looks of the post's above if this is so then maybe a shorter race because after a few brews on a Saturday arvo my brain starts to shut down about 6 pm Chinese time.
Auto clutch yes traction control on or off i don't mind as i said in the last post
i have come to like no traction.
Hot laps well how do you police the set up??? which brings me to ask if we are wanting to play this as a driving simulator set up or are we just hear to drive around like a game of need for speed type game where anything goes? or do we need one of each??? just throwing it out there.
sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Congo_Toey Fri May 06, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi Guys, after looking at the above comments. How about this?

1. F1 2009

2. 6pm China?

3. Hotlaps for qualifying (We can not police this for cheating or setups, so we have to assume that we have honest people that dont want to cheat, and any setup is ok, like the old style F1 Qualifying)

4. Lets go try for 50% race length, with 2 x fuel and 2xtimescales so that the same fuel strategy as a full race.

5. Lets try 50% damage and see what how it goes we can adjust higher or lower, depending on popular opinion after we have tried it out.

6. Same driving aids as now, it is up too you if you want to use them.

7. Race server up 2.5 hours before the race and with official Practice until the warmup starts 10 mins before the race, everyone needs to be in for the warmup because that is when grid positions will be set.

How does that suit everybody?

Also can we have the next race Saturday 14th because, I have so much going on this weekend and I can not get home to make the changes to the server and start the race.

Congo_Toey
Congo_Toey
[DnD]Senior Officer
[DnD]Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by [DnD]Shooter26 Fri May 06, 2011 3:48 pm

Hip, Hip, Hooray for Tony!

I like ita lot m8 bloody well done, there will be some complaints about the 50% damage no doubt, but not from this old bugger.

Anyway lets get it on, thks for your effort mate, i know it it time consuming for but we had to sort something out, so once again thks heaps!
[DnD]Shooter26
[DnD]Shooter26
[DND]Admin
[DND]Admin

http://www.myspace.com/Shooter26_1

Back to top Go down

Post by [DnD]cropper Fri May 06, 2011 4:12 pm

Sounds good to me. Will try really hard to get there for the next one.
[DnD]cropper
[DnD]cropper
[DND]Admin
[DND]Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 12:51 pm

1. F1 2009

2. Sat Sun time doesnt matter.

3. Hotlap or Q like today doesnt really matter to me.

4. Full length

5. 50-100% Damage

6. Clutch, gearing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 1:52 pm

sorry i will not be there on the 14 as i have a lot on that weekend. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Congo_Toey Wed May 11, 2011 8:17 am

Hi All,
Now that Anthony is not racing with us, I would prefer to wait until everyone is ready to race, as we just dont have that many people. So what do you think about moving the race to following weekend on the 21st Start at 6pm Chinese time.

Can everyone please say yea or nay.
Congo_Toey
Congo_Toey
[DnD]Senior Officer
[DnD]Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 1:46 pm

well i like it thanks. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 3:03 pm

Great for me since I wont be home this weekend eather.

Anders

Back to top Go down

Post by [DnD]cropper Thu May 12, 2011 8:24 am

Sounds good for me too. I should be OK for that one.
[DnD]cropper
[DnD]cropper
[DND]Admin
[DND]Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Congo_Toey Thu May 19, 2011 9:58 am

So sorry guys, I need to go to Europe this week on an urgent business matter that I need to do. So sorry that I will not be around this weekend.

One of you guys can host the race on your own computer if you like, and let me know the results, or we can wait until next week to do the race.

Again I am so sorry guys, but this really is very urgent.
Congo_Toey
Congo_Toey
[DnD]Senior Officer
[DnD]Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by [DnD]cropper Thu May 19, 2011 10:15 am

That's OK Toey, You do what you need to do and we'll have a chat amongst ourselves if we run with it this week or just hang on 'tll next week. Hope things fall into place for you.
[DnD]cropper
[DnD]cropper
[DND]Admin
[DND]Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2011 12:37 pm

Don't sweet on it mate I am sure we can tough it out for one more week. Wink
i hope all is ok.

Back to top Go down

Post by Congo_Toey Thu May 19, 2011 1:36 pm

thanks for your understanding guys
Congo_Toey
Congo_Toey
[DnD]Senior Officer
[DnD]Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2011 9:50 pm

Since its been a discussion about rules etc I think its best to do the race next week.

Maybe we other can do a practise run or something. I mean just like a practise session and have a chat around the track if anyones interested.

/ The Swede

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2011 1:36 pm

sounds good aalmgren see you there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Congo_Toey Tue May 31, 2011 12:42 pm

Hi Guys, how about this weekend Saturday 4th June for the Sepang race. I have to appologise for not being around, I will check on the server now.
Congo_Toey
Congo_Toey
[DnD]Senior Officer
[DnD]Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:26 am

Dont worry man, no probs.

Was wondering this saturday what was happening. Me and Stormer made a little practise session on our own Smile

This sat suites me fine, have to get this going I think.

And about the rules and time. Is it what you have been posting above in this thread? 6pm Chinese time? In that case I can be more well rested for once lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Congo_Toey Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:03 pm

Yeah all should be the same as the earlier post.
Congo_Toey
Congo_Toey
[DnD]Senior Officer
[DnD]Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:23 pm

What happened with the race today?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next