Will the forum return soon.. ?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion For big party nights!!

4 posters

Go down

Suggestion For big party nights!! Empty Suggestion For big party nights!!

Post by [DND]Bad_Drugs Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:21 am

I have been getting really frustrated on a couple of nights when we have a big party of our clan (5+) and get restricted to private matches (no upgrades or completed challenges) or bloody ground war! (TDM - no objective, no sense. DOM - cool game type but gets repetitive).

Here's my suggestion. One member goes in and picks a game type and launches the 'searching for players' bit. All other members quickly 'right click join' on that one player, or that one player blasts out invites, or both, whatever. You get my meaning.

Yes, some of us will end up on different teams, but we do that in private matches anyway. No big deal. That way we can play mosh pit and other 12 player game types AND get our challenges done too!! All the while still playing together and having fun.

I think that will work. It should in theory, coz we won't be in one party at the start. We should give it a go next time we're all in anyway, coz I really can't play in ground war much more. Suggestion For big party nights!! Icon_pale Suggestion For big party nights!! Suspect
[DND]Bad_Drugs
[DND]Bad_Drugs
[DnD] Veteran
[DnD] Veteran

Back to top Go down

Suggestion For big party nights!! Empty Re: Suggestion For big party nights!!

Post by [DnD]cropper Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:39 am

I agree Drugsy. As the clan grows, the dynamics change. So put forward the game types you like so we all know and can adjust. It's great to have new members rocking up but we need to be fluid with things so we don't get upset or disinterested. Also had a brief chat with Triz at the end of the night and suggested we look at Vent again and separate channels. It's great playing with everyone on the same channel but on big nights, things can get "noisy" with so many in the one channel. It's just something we have to deal with as numbers grow otherwise it fall down through weight of numbers. Suggestions on Vent channels and gaming styles welcome.
I suggest we have a laid back channel where general talk is the order of the day, even if gaming.
Our usual full on game channel where the tension of the game fills the air.

Not wanted to split people into separate clicks but we are all different and have different tastes. If we know how a particular channel operates then it might work smoother with larger numbers.
Everything works easier and without many "rules" with only a few but as numbers increase, we'll have to be mindful and adjust as we go.

Also still working on inter clan wars with guys we know don't hack. Watch this space.
[DnD]cropper
[DnD]cropper
[DND]Admin
[DND]Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [DND]Bad_Drugs Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:16 am

Furthermore, I think its great that our numbers are growing in force!! Suggestion For big party nights!! Icon_cheers So much for being out in the cold Thirsty?! Suggestion For big party nights!! Icon_albino I look forward to seeing our clan blast into the new year with the release of BF2: Bad Company. When we have our own server and we really begin to make a big dent in the 1st person shooter world. People are already ducking for cover. Look at the result of our first challenge!! Suggestion For big party nights!! Fresse They came, they saw, they ran away!!! Suggestion For big party nights!! Icon_cheers

Hey, and guess what?! In DnD, you'll even be able to play other games if you want!! Suggestion For big party nights!! Affraid It's your clan and your choice! Suggestion For big party nights!! Icon_cheers Not like some clans that I won't mention.

Once again we march onward into the dawn of a new era. Drunk and Deadly ARE HERE TO STAY!!! Suggestion For big party nights!! Icon_twisted
[DND]Bad_Drugs
[DND]Bad_Drugs
[DnD] Veteran
[DnD] Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by [DnD]Shooter26 Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:01 am

All above is bloody good stuff guys, as far as the big parties go its great to see that we are growing so big in such a short time, the more the merrier, but there most be a limit.

I for one enjoy the smaller team games (Flash Point 2) im here to help with my relaxation and help get my mind of teh costant pain i endure, so im finding the matches like FFA & TDM to hectic and to much of a rush, so guys i just drop out. awahen it comes to the other types, like DOM, HQ & CTF also thrwin the a little of Demolition & S&D, team play is what i like to get my teeth into.

I was trained in the art of stealth and and just finding a nice spot to listen and watch (camping) is the real art of real warfare and i also use to instinctive firing, firing a real sub machine gun from the hip or shoulder w/out sights is a real art form (when i was serving instinctive firing in qualifying shoots counted to 50% of your qualification) so when these guys make these games they should include steady firing button from the hip, no shooting from the hip is BULLSHIT!

What i was tring to get acros above is i look at the target as the most important objective inthese games , not the kill/death ratio hence my low scores and those of u who have played with me a lot will notice i fire from the hip a lot, hence my low scores, i just cant get used to running around and coming up against an enemy and having to take the time to raise my weapon then look through my sights, i just cant get use to it Suggestion For big party nights!! Lol

Just to finish up a few extra channels would be nice, so when im feeling really low and just want to play quietly would be really appreiated!
[DnD]Shooter26
[DnD]Shooter26
[DND]Admin
[DND]Admin

http://www.myspace.com/Shooter26_1

Back to top Go down

Post by MuSSa Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:02 pm

ttNice stuff ppls Smile

Shooter I could not agree with you more and with the positive stuff above Smile
the bit about hiding and watching... I have not had Military training but it is instinctive from my days in Italy running around playing hide and seek... I tell you no BS but back then I would often be the last to be caught or found because I used some smarts about running one way until out of sight then double back to a spot like the start where the guy running around with what we called "INCENTIVE" so when you got chased YOU RAN!!!!!... was a stick dipped in fresh dog-shit...LOL seriously THAT was good incentive for a chubby 7-8 yr old little boy to avoid at all costs getting smeared with the fresh Doggy do... and I think I can only count ( or still smell them ) on one hand..heheh

What I am saying is the tactics used in hide and seek... when I was little I still find myself using a similar thinking pattern when I play Online FPS... or at least some resemblance of what you posted above Shooter in regards to those important skills ( sight , Patience, observation ).
I would add listening as equal to those mentioned because sound plays a big role in gaming FPS in my op anyway lol Smile
Game Smarts completes the picture... then it's almost down to reflexes / reactions ( aiming etc... Shooter I have the middle wheel button mapped for iron-sights /cross hairs.. works for me as I hated having to bring a sight up with a keyboard key ( I need those for other stuff lol ) .. but you might find a key which in game is sitting below one of your fingers naturally to assign to be comfortable and easy to click and bring the sights up toggle ) Some ppl will have a better reaction / luck / Lag time than you and despite your best efforts they will make you Holy Very Happy

Having babbled on above I will finish by calling the lot Game Smarts.. remember you will never!!! never Stop learning Very Happy

This is / was always meant to be a friendly get together clan... and play some quality games with friends, online when and with who you want at our speed and our level of comfort which = relaxation & fun and in turn makes for a good time when we do hunt online.

the rest of the "any clan " BS with politics, power-trips, and Egos with " MY E-PENIS IS elephant :Smile BIG!!! " .... can all be checked at the door ..K tnx By Smile

MuSSa
MuSSa
MuSSa
[DND]Admin
[DND]Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [DnD]Shooter26 Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:54 pm

Hey muss, thks heaps for the above comments, i can only agree most heartedly with the bit about listening. Back in my service every yr we had a major excercise (war games) against the NZ, US Marines and British Troops, mainly up in Shoal Water Bay QLD, I was with the Field Ambulance then and our role apart from Medivac was to set up a 25-50 bed Field Hospial.

We were always just behind the battle area so u can imagine we had to be mobile up tents/dn tents, we had to set up fighting pits, gun pits & fox holes etc, because although we were a medical unitwe still hadto set up a defence around our perimeter. It was one of my jobs to take out what we called listening patrols, we were the first line of defence and our job and only job was to sit out there (4 man patrol, 2hrs on/2hrs off) all night and listen and report by radio any movement to our front.

So yes the listening is probably the most important part of any defence and it takes a lot of patience to sit out there, hiding under a bush etc. and not move.

I have middle button set up for coms, but i will do as u suggest m8 and find a key under where my fingers sit waiting to go into action, so thks for that info m8.

Oh by the way talking about shit, when we were excercising against the other countries one yr (1980) we were attacked through the day, which was unexpected and we had to hurry to our gun pits. well i ran for my station which was the ligt machine gun nest and jumped in. It had been turned into a shit dump, my gun pit had been moved the day b4 while i was on listening patrol. I stank for a week, i couldnt stand myself we didnt have showers set up as we were on the move all the time Suggestion For big party nights!! Lol
[DnD]Shooter26
[DnD]Shooter26
[DND]Admin
[DND]Admin

http://www.myspace.com/Shooter26_1

Back to top Go down

Post by [DND]Bad_Drugs Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:23 am

Oohh Shooter!! Love the story mate! Suggestion For big party nights!! Icon_twisted Suggestion For big party nights!! Icon_eek As always, a pleasure to hear another bit of history mate. Suggestion For big party nights!! Icon_cool

Suggestion For big party nights!! Congo_wideweb__430x285
[DND]Bad_Drugs
[DND]Bad_Drugs
[DnD] Veteran
[DnD] Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:31 pm

good suggestion drugs, so 6 or less stay on same team, more than 6 do your suggestion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum