Will the forum return soon.. ?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFL or NRL

+2
Mud_Garde
[DnD]cropper
6 posters

Go down

AFL or NRL Empty Re: AFL or NRL

Post by Guest Wed May 19, 2010 12:13 pm

CATS V PIES WHO CARES ?

Back to top Go down

Post by [DnD]cropper Wed May 19, 2010 12:15 pm

stormer wrote:CATS V PIES WHO CARES ?

Only true footy fans! AFL or NRL Icon_rolleyes
[DnD]cropper
[DnD]cropper
[DND]Admin
[DND]Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mud_Garde Wed May 19, 2010 5:08 pm

AFL or should I say gayFL AFL or NRL Icon_biggrin [Cheesey smile]

The origin is on next week. Go the Maroons!

I hope I haven't offended you victorians, you afl people; tsk tsk.
Mud_Garde
Mud_Garde
[DnD]Senior Officer
[DnD]Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by [DnD]cropper Wed May 19, 2010 5:24 pm

There will only be a lazy 90,000 turning up to the ground and about 5 million people watching on the telly for a regular home and away match. League can't get that for a final, in fact that would be a whole years attendance. At least the crime rate should be right down for the night because all the magpie supporters will be at the game or watching it on telly.
[DnD]cropper
[DnD]cropper
[DND]Admin
[DND]Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [DND]Bad_Drugs Thu May 20, 2010 12:15 pm

Here Here Cropper!! AFL or NRL Icon_cheers AFL or NRL Lol
[DND]Bad_Drugs
[DND]Bad_Drugs
[DnD] Veteran
[DnD] Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonito Thu May 20, 2010 5:44 pm

[DnD]cropper wrote:There will only be a lazy 90,000 turning up to the ground and about 5 million people watching on the telly for a regular home and away match. League can't get that for a final, in fact that would be a whole years attendance. At least the crime rate should be right down for the night because all the magpie supporters will be at the game or watching it on telly.

i should link you to this new article

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/huge-surge-in-nrl-crowds/story-e6frep5x-1225868877422

With the figures combined, crowds overall are up four per cent on last
year. So far this year 1,367,693 fans have attended NRL matches.

and its only round 10, 16 rounds to go bitches!!
Jonito
Jonito
[DND] Officer First class
[DND] Officer First class

Back to top Go down

Post by [DnD]cropper Thu May 20, 2010 6:20 pm

Jonito wrote:
[DnD]cropper wrote:There will only be a lazy 90,000 turning up to the ground and about 5 million people watching on the telly for a regular home and away match. League can't get that for a final, in fact that would be a whole years attendance. At least the crime rate should be right down for the night because all the magpie supporters will be at the game or watching it on telly.

i should link you to this new article

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/huge-surge-in-nrl-crowds/story-e6frep5x-1225868877422

With the figures combined, crowds overall are up four per cent on last
year. So far this year 1,367,693 fans have attended NRL matches.

and its only round 10, 16 rounds to go bitches!!

Well that is impressive. Are they really fans or are they ther just to place bets on who throws the next game AFL or NRL Icon_wink

You might want to look away now if you don't want to be embarassed

Scroll down the page and run you mouse over the teams to see the attendences. Notice the figure at the very bottom. Oh my AFL or NRL Icon_redface

2010 AFL
Attendance

TeamGamesTotalAverage
Collingwood
Magpies
Carlton Blues8443,25555,407
Essendon
Bombers
Hawthorn
Hawks
Geelong Cats8345,84543,231
Richmond
Tigers
Melbourne
Demons
St Kilda
Saints
Fremantle
Dockers
Western
Bulldogs
West
Coast Eagles
Brisbane
Lions
Adelaide
Crows
Port
Adelaide Power
Sydney Swans8219,10627,388
North Melbourne
Kangaroos
ALL642,458,75538,418
[DnD]cropper
[DnD]cropper
[DND]Admin
[DND]Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 20, 2010 7:35 pm

wtf is my name on that list >.> can i be number 46 PLZ ( thats the number of my race car Very Happy )

Back to top Go down

Post by [DND]Bad_Drugs Fri May 21, 2010 11:32 am

Well as I was born in VIC and raised in QLD, i'll throw my 2 bobs worth in. They are 2 completely different games. It's like comparing baseball to cricket!! I know its the age old comparison, but at the end of the day there is no comparison to be made.

Some people like AFL, some like NRL and some of us (like me) enjoy both. The fact is, and always has been, that AFL carries far greater spectators than NRL. I daresay the majority of people around AUS still consider rugby league, that game they play in NSW and QLD. That could be said about the old VFL and Melbourne, however the stats of spectators each year, tell a different story.

In the end, I say, watch what you love and love watching it. If you need to pay out on another football code, you may want to look at the REAL reason why you feel the need to do this??

AFL or NRL Fresse Let the games begin!! Peace. AFL or NRL Icon_cheers AFL or NRL Drunken_smilie
[DND]Bad_Drugs
[DND]Bad_Drugs
[DnD] Veteran
[DnD] Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by [DND]Bad_Drugs Fri May 21, 2010 11:37 am

It does make for an excellent, stirring forum however... AFL or NRL Affraid
[DND]Bad_Drugs
[DND]Bad_Drugs
[DnD] Veteran
[DnD] Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 21, 2010 11:47 am

You know Cropp, I have this ongoing thing with a lot of the people here at my work who like to hang it on things like attendance at NRL vs AFL. The thing that most of those people fail to realise (not you guys but...who knows?), is that in the two states that play rugby league, the most popular sport is surfing.

OK - some seriously great beaches in vic, but really the lifestyle in nsw and qld allows for many, many, MANY other activities. They don't have that so much in victoria.....there is this "this is your only sporting option" mentality. And the media up north don't jam the whole footy shit down your throat like they do in vic.

I've been living in vic for around 15 or so years and I've never had the inkling to go to an AFL game.

Back to top Go down

Post by MuSSa Fri May 21, 2010 12:09 pm

Sorry girls..... Smile

But just in case you didn't notice...

THEREISASOCCER/FOOTBALLWORLDCUPSTARTINGSOON....

Who Cares about anything else???

LOL!!

And before you get your knives out... I am not a full on wogball fan but the world cup IS the World Cup... nuff said hehehe

Go Saints in RL and Carlton in AFL... MEH to the rest Smile

M
MuSSa
MuSSa
[DND]Admin
[DND]Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 21, 2010 2:12 pm

AFL or NRL Both games for homosexuals!!!!! Any guy who gets excited about fir guys in tight shorts chasing each other has to like the sausage.

Give me my under 25 womens beach volleyball any day of the week, in fact women's under 25 anything apart from shot put, weight lifting hammer throw. I guess you get the pic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 21, 2010 5:34 pm

Unessocary thread...who gives a flying **** wether people prefer Aussie rules football or soccer or rugby...its just a sport...

Back to top Go down

Post by Mud_Garde Sat May 22, 2010 6:13 am

Orh jasper, you're taking away a fun discussion. Hmm oppy13, I also love watching those sort of teams, but I prefer under 19s.

While we're at it, I think Union is better than league...because I play it AFL or NRL Icon_biggrin
Mud_Garde
Mud_Garde
[DnD]Senior Officer
[DnD]Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by [DnD]Shooter26 Sat May 22, 2010 8:41 am

Hey guys,

It does not matter what sport u follow, the thing is we Aussie's are sports crazy and all sports in this great country of ours have fantastic following, thats what makes our sportsman & women so competitive the world over.

Jasper m8 if your noy interested ina subject in these forums of ours dont make a comment, it makes u stand out m8 (sorry m8 not trying to be a nasty old bastard)

As far as footy goes, soccer as we Aussie's call it is the only true football! AFL or NRL Lol AFL or NRL Lol
[DnD]Shooter26
[DnD]Shooter26
[DND]Admin
[DND]Admin

http://www.myspace.com/Shooter26_1

Back to top Go down

Post by [DnD]cropper Sat May 22, 2010 8:54 am

Nothing like a bit of friendly rivalry (which means absoloutely nothing by the way) between friends. A good old fashion bit of bs jsut see where it's leading to, nothing more. Oppy does have a point and like Drugzy said, makes for interesting forum reading, even if there isn't a point to it AFL or NRL Icon_jokercolor
And just in case you're wondering how this post started, I split it from Team annoucements about our clan bash. It was just heading off topic so I thought this would be a good home for the post.
[DnD]cropper
[DnD]cropper
[DND]Admin
[DND]Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [DND]Bad_Drugs Sat May 22, 2010 11:18 am

Anyone for a nice game of two-up?? AFL or NRL Icon_rolleyes AFL or NRL Fresse
[DND]Bad_Drugs
[DND]Bad_Drugs
[DnD] Veteran
[DnD] Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 23, 2010 6:52 am

[DND]Bad_Drugs wrote:Anyone for a nice game of two-up?? AFL or NRL Icon_rolleyes AFL or NRL Fresse

Double heads! Come in spinner!!

Back to top Go down

AFL or NRL Empty omg what have you started cropper?

Post by Guest Mon May 24, 2010 1:59 pm

[DnD]cropper wrote:Nothing like a bit of friendly rivalry (which means absoloutely nothing by the way) between friends. A good old fashion bit of bs jsut see where it's leading to, nothing more. Oppy does have a point and like Drugzy said, makes for interesting forum reading, even if there isn't a point to it AFL or NRL Icon_jokercolor
And just in case you're wondering how this post started, I split it from Team annoucements about our clan bash. It was just heading off topic so I thought this would be a good home for the post.

hmm i was wondering how i started this post (THANKS CROPPER) just to let all of you know it didnt start as nrl v afl it was a simple comment suggesting that nobody cares for the pies and the roos. my thoughts on afl or nrl or even soccer for that flaming mater is that i will sit and watch them all as long as i have good mates to watch it with and a beer in my hand so for those that (CROPPER) upset go and chew his ear off. oh yea curn the blues! AFL or NRL Icon_cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum