Will the forum return soon.. ?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honour The Soldiers

2 posters

Go down

Honour The Soldiers Empty Honour The Soldiers

Post by [DND]Bad_Drugs Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:26 am

Here is one of my favourite old songs about the vietnam war. Listen to it in full, especially to all the voices and what they say. Goose bump material.

All those who died there, remember and pray for them and their families.
All those who made it home, remember and pray for them and their families.
All of us who have not seen active combat, thank God every day.
[DND]Bad_Drugs
[DND]Bad_Drugs
[DnD] Veteran
[DnD] Veteran

Back to top Go down

Honour The Soldiers Empty Re: Honour The Soldiers

Post by [DnD]Shooter26 Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:01 am

Bugger, bum, shit , a big thirsty, u bought tears to this old diggers eyes, that song was about the yanks but it was no different here for our guys, except our guys dont medals for being heroes out of a wheeties packet. Honour The Soldiers Icon_cry

I was on the first march the returning diggers did after they where bought home, through Brisbane (1972) i was with the guys when we spat on by young bitches, calling us baby killers, we had bottles, balloons filled & buckets filled with their piss thrown at us and they kept on calling us baby killers. Man that was the worst experience of my life and i didnt quite get there, 4 days into deembarkation leave and the called them home, i was pissed off just finished 4 weeks of jungle warfare training at Kunungra, that was bloody hard, and they called them home Honour The Soldiers Icon_mad and they still called us baby killers Honour The Soldiers Icon_exclaim

But well done Drugsy, yes it does send a chill down ya spine.
[DnD]Shooter26
[DnD]Shooter26
[DND]Admin
[DND]Admin

http://www.myspace.com/Shooter26_1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:33 am

Shooter, Give me their name and social security numbers. Whilst I don't agree why we were fighting in Vietnam, I totaly respect the men and women who served. To go over and risk life and limb for this nation is something that should never be disrespected.

Shooter if I were wearing a hat I would salute you. You are the type of people who make this world worth living in and the people who were saying your a baby killer need to take a long walk off a short pier.

Back to top Go down

Post by [DnD]Shooter26 Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:24 pm

Honour The Soldiers Lol Jasper, thks m8 but i think those same people where the ones a couple off years later on a Queens Birthday March through Brissie, who sat in the middle off the road blocking the march. The Police Comm. stopped us and just quietly passed the word down through the march that we were to walk right over them.

We started of again and my Unit 11 Field Ambulance had the honour of leading the march because we had new mascot a Donkey called Simpson, named after Private Simpson from Gallipoli who saved many many wounded diggers with his trusty old donkey, he was killed and awarded the Victoria Cross post.

Getting back to the march well as i said we were leading and sure enough these people about 30 if them were blocking the road sitting down with arms linked, our RSM looked back at us with a big grin on his face and said u know what has to be done so do it, we walked without breaking step right over them and Simpson threw a couple of kicks out, they soon scattered straight into waiting cops and a nice overnight stay at the Brissie watch house Honour The Soldiers Lol Honour The Soldiers Lol

Just another war story for ya Drugsy Honour The Soldiers Icon_exclaim
[DnD]Shooter26
[DnD]Shooter26
[DND]Admin
[DND]Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:35 pm

Honour The Soldiers Lol I LOVE IT! Haha GO SIMPSON! KICK ARSE (get it, a donkey is an arse... ba doom ch)!!

Back to top Go down

Post by [DND]Bad_Drugs Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:17 pm

As far as i'm concerned, you're a living legend mate and you know how I love your stories. Honour The Soldiers Icon_lol Honour The Soldiers Icon_eek Honour The Soldiers Icon_razz Once again, you never let me down Shooter. Honour The Soldiers Icon_cool

Honour The Soldiers Congo_wideweb__430x285
[DND]Bad_Drugs
[DND]Bad_Drugs
[DnD] Veteran
[DnD] Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by [DnD]Shooter26 Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:17 pm

Living Legend, WTF M8, now i really feel bloody old Honour The Soldiers Lol

Thank u m8, i know when make a comment like that it comes from the heart, ya bloody good friend mate, its a pity that u cant make it down to croppers place next month, it would be bloody fantastic to meet all my new friends, ive never looked forward to something so much in my life, and thats no bullshit Honour The Soldiers Icon_exclaim

I promise u this m8 i intend doing a few trips in the future and Brissie is one of the first on my list, i believe my eldest children live up there and my baby sister lives in Toowoomba, so i make it point of seeing u too m8.
[DnD]Shooter26
[DnD]Shooter26
[DND]Admin
[DND]Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down