Will the forum return soon.. ?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting a bike

2 posters

Go down

Getting a bike Empty Getting a bike

Post by Mud_Garde Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:24 pm

Hey guys,

I know some of you are riders out there? I'm just tossing up in my head whether I should get one. I've been driving for about 2 and a half years, and got my green Ps in June.

What do I need to know about getting one? Obviously, I'd start with something small, just to use as my everyday transport (have access to a car if I need to borrow).

I've done a little research, but I thought it'd be best to ask someone who rides them what they think.

SO PLEASE, YOUR THOUGHTS! Off the top of my head, I can only think of Stormy but I believe there are more of you?

Cheers guys and gals,

Muddy
Mud_Garde
Mud_Garde
[DnD]Senior Officer
[DnD]Senior Officer

Back to top Go down

Getting a bike Empty Re: Getting a bike

Post by Guest Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:19 pm

Ok mate just to let you know there are a lot of idiots on the road that can't see us biker's.
That been said there is no better way of feeling free just a great way to shake off the daily grind. So if you do chose to get one i suggest you get a 250cc and not the 125cc for your first bike and nothing brand new don't waste your money because you won't get it back trust me once you get your open licence you will be getting rid of it for a better one.
When i got my licence i did a weekend course it was well worth it it has got me out of some tight situations once or twice. I think qride is almost the same not sure exactly but would be worth the look.
hope that helps mat good luck. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by fozzieeee Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:26 am

soz for digging up an old post..
did you buy a bike Muddy??!
my only advice is to do some "upright" courses and advanced handling courses to help you with cornering balance and control..

also dont skimp out on getting some good protective gear.. skin vs road... road always wins..

fozzieeee
[DnD] Veteran
[DnD] Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down