Will the forum return soon.. ?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Updated "Ugly" Rig!!

2 posters

Go down

My Updated "Ugly" Rig!! Empty My Updated "Ugly" Rig!!

Post by [DND]Bad_Drugs Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:45 am

Just threw some new bits into my rig to EAT the new games coming out over xmas!!!

This nasty piece of work now sports a Gigabyte 5850 1G DDR5 GPU and the Extreme Edition Sapphire 5850 1G DDR5 GPU in Crossfire!! The flagship elite Black Edition AMD Phenom II*4 955 3.2Ghz quad core cpu. Kingston 4G 1600Mhz RAM (Will upgrade RAM when a game comes out that uses more than 4G). Gigabyte motherboard 890GPA-UD3H. Thermaltake Toughpower XT 875W Single Rail True Watt PSU. Hard drives - who cares?!! Twisted Evil

With all settings on cards maxed out and BFBC2 settings all maxed out (including Anti-Aliasing) this baby averages 80-130FPS!! The cards temp. cruises at 70-75 degrees and the cpu is static at 54 degrees. No extra fans installed, no special cooling unit on cpu, just stock standard equipment!!! This 'ugly' rig just proves you don't have to spend a fortune to own a gaming machine that eats games for breakfast and in its sleep... What a Face

Here's some pix. Gotta love my spaghetti western cabling but hey, it doesn't have to look good to get the job done. Stays cool, works just right!! cheers

My Updated "Ugly" Rig!! Image072-1

My Updated "Ugly" Rig!! Image073-1

My Updated "Ugly" Rig!! Image077

My Updated "Ugly" Rig!! Image078

My Updated "Ugly" Rig!! Image081

[DND]Bad_Drugs
[DND]Bad_Drugs
[DnD] Veteran
[DnD] Veteran

Back to top Go down

My Updated "Ugly" Rig!! Empty Re: My Updated "Ugly" Rig!!

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:12 am

Nice one, it's got the all important DX11 compatability I see. Grab the free demo version of 3dmark vantage and you can compare it to these results and if you get a score close to those you know your pc is running as it should http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-5850-review-crossfire/19

Also if you grab 3dmark11 free demo version you can compare it to these new charts, unfortunately the 5850 Xfired isn't on these charts. http://www.guru3d.com/article/vga-charts-spring-2011/10

Back to top Go down

Post by MuSSa Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:07 am

Nice one DrgZy... Smile

Got to say one of the most beautiful things in your pics is the coffee maker.. old sKool proper coffee none of that other BS... that's GOLD!!!
Nothing beats the smell of fresh brewed coffee from one of those things in the morning.. and the taste is fantastic... so !! +1 for that DrgZy Smile

I have only added two things to my rig this year and both in the last 2 weeks....

a DELL 30 inch monitor ( OMFGITSGOOD!!!)

a 6970 2 Gb DDR5 Sapphire Vid Card... ( Upgrade from the 5780 great card fan went random noisy on me so looking for a cheaper after market cooling solution ..artic cool make a sweet one for this card which for $60 is pretty damn good )

And no I did not go Xfire... I like the one card computer and in all the SLI / Crossfire stuff I have dealt and seen I never thought the additional driver / effort in running two cards + extra power hunger was worth the extra little bits and pieces... fe frams better meh... good for lower end cards .. but once you get up with the serious cards there is no real need Smile

Each to their own.. also I think My Mo-Bo has a 16X PCIE and the second slot is 8X PCIE.. A choice I made when putting the pc together to only really run one card... if I was to put a second in it would run ok but only get half speed on the PCIE BUS...

That rig looks good DrGzy.. well done man Smile and hey now you have a nasty PSU I can send you more HDDs LOL wooooT

M
MuSSa
MuSSa
[DND]Admin
[DND]Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [DND]Bad_Drugs Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:12 am

I did end up finally throwing in a Terrabyte HDD along with the others too, just for shits and giggles!! What a Face
[DND]Bad_Drugs
[DND]Bad_Drugs
[DnD] Veteran
[DnD] Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by MuSSa Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:20 am

Yeah the current cost for a terabyte drive is really amazing.... I know I have spent more on the very odd lunch than the cost of one of these... lol

Yeah never have enough room... LOL

I got a 6 Terabyte RAID5 network drive... I am trying hard but so far I have almost filled 1/3rd of this only and that's like a library of movies files tv shows blah blah... LOL

Smile
MuSSa
MuSSa
[DND]Admin
[DND]Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum